It's All About Perspective


Another Monday, the weekend was over, and I was left with the feeling of wanting just one more day. Many of us feel this way on Mondays but we need to understand why so it doesn't take us down. It's all about perspective.

I'm sure you know all about the theory of looking at life as if the glass is half full rather than half empty, however, sometimes we forget or just aren't in the right state of mind to remember. Sometimes we have to make the effort to see the greatness life has to offer.

Let me take you back to the Sunday before the Monday I was referring to. That Sunday night, I felt wiped out, like I had been cheated out of a weekend. But then, that Monday morning, I felt rejuvenated and ready to take on the week. Two completely different emotions in less than 24 hours. I had to reflect on why.

Let's go through the highlights of the weekend I was referring to. I had the house to myself for most of it. Very rare. I did a little self-pampering by getting my nails done and giving my hair a deep conditioning treatment. Then, in preparation for the upcoming week, which had a a very promising sunny weather forecast, I pulled out my spring clothes and got them ready for work. Oh yes, how can I forget, I practically cleaned my entire house and cooked enough food to last my family a few days. Ready for the next week, hair and nails ready, food prep done, and my house was clean. Why was I feeling so blue?

I think I did way too much and I was tired. For the early part of the weekend, I felt energetic and motivated. Following my "to-do" list diligently. I accomplished a lot. But by Sunday evening, my back and feet were hurting and I wanted to sleep. Then everyone came home and I was right back in to my reality.

Then I woke up the next morning and started to resent the fact that I had to get up. Argh. But I stopped myself. I caught myself thinking about what was wrong with my life rather than what was right. As soon as I realised what I was doing, I started running through the reasons why I was fortunate and should really want to get up. I reminded myself that in my world, there is no giving up. There is no such word as "can't".

You have to catch the negativity before it takes over. Make a commitment to never put yourself down. Tell yourself why you are wonderful. If you don't know, think about the compliments you've receive, the things you do well, the things you love to do, and the things you love about yourself. Practice thinking about all of the things that make you fabulous. Then they will just come to you when you need them.

Here's a challenge to help you build up your library of positive thoughts so the next time you feel down, you can pull yourself right back up. Write down a list of 100 things you either love about yourself or your life. It's one of the best pick-me-ups I've ever tried.

Remember, as the negativity creeps up inside you, tell yourself why you are blessed and why your life is worth living it to the fullest. I can guarantee no matter who you are, someone out there has it much worse than you. Catch the melancholy before it before it takes over.

Let me know how you stay positive in the comments section. Remember, your uniqueness is your gem.

Wendy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Parkas for Winter for Toronto. - 2015

Mixtina Shampoo & Conditioner Review

Curry Chicken by the Wendenator